Visitors

Thursday, September 08, 2011

A riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma

Even though it's just the beginning of the 2015 season, I'm already starting to get the dreaded itch to dispose of a few horses.

My 2yo's last year were a very satisfying and at the same time unsatisfying bunch.  I got a few wins and a lot of placings even though none of them had more than four starts.  That seemed pretty dang good to me.  And yet, when I dig deeper into some of these horses, I'm not seeing the potential for breakouts as 3yo's.

Captain Britain won his first race and had us thinking he was the real deal.  Unfortunately, after a few more less-than-inspiring starts and a review of his HRF stats, it looks like he may have average talent at best. 

Moondragon also won her first start, then has disappointed ever since, showing mediocre speed and questionable stamina.

Deep Magic, Kit Fisto, and Xtra Run have all hit the board in at least half of their races, but have weaknesses that may severely limit their upside.

I will always have a place in my barn for horses that run in G3 or Stakes races.  After all, someone has to fill those race cards, right?  However, I've got my eye on a couple horses and I'll need some free stalls.  Therefore, I envision at least two of the above-mentioned horses getting moved in the next few weeks.  Sale or swap; I'm listening.

No comments: