Visitors

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Aha! Here they are!


Welcome to all new stables and hello to all old friends!

Here we are on the cusp of another Photo Finish racing season.  DJ's recent article and the arrival of my foals have awakened me from my long slumber, so it is time to dust off my spreadsheets and take a look at the situation for 2020.

Otsego Farms had one of it's most successful seasons in 2019, finishing 4th in earnings with $18.1M.  However, most of my top earners are getting on in years and I do not anticipate a repeat of the fabulous record of last year, which was spearheaded by an outstanding group of 3yo's.

My 3yo's this year are a mostly mediocre group.  There are a couple bright spots however.  Colts Tag You're It and Hella Good are both going to be on the Kentucky Derby trail, with Tag being the more likely to qualify.  Tesseract is also a talented colt, but his extreme surface sensitivity makes him unlikely to mount a serious challenge for the Derby.  The rest of my 3yo's have shown little to nothing thus far and may not make it through the season without significant improvement.

Of course, the entire 2yo batch is a mystery.  I like the look of a couple of the foals, but at this point the AR is all we have to go on, and as we all know, those can be misleading.

Let's race!

No comments: