Visitors

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Fascinating reading...


For the past month, I've read, then re-read the book, "The Secret of the Ages". It is one of the most interesting and eye-opening books that I have ever read.

Those of you who have very traditional religious views would probably not agree with or appreciate the ideas presented in this book. While I, believing in a higher power and yet having a totally open mind, have completely embraced the concepts presented in this book.

In a nutshell, the book explains that God has imbued a spark of his divinity in each of us as our birthright. This makes anything possible for those who believe in this power and know how to employ it.

"The Kingdom of Heaven is within you". Heaven is not some far-away state - the reward of years of tribulation here. Heaven is right here - here and now. When Christ said that Heaven was within us, He meant just what He said - that the power for happiness, for good, for everything we need of life, is within each one of us.

The book describes the power that resides in all of us and how to unlock it. It is not an easy thing to do because it requires an enormous amount of belief and faith.

This article is a vast departure from what I normally write. The book has made an impact on me however, so I thought I would mention it to those who may be interested.

No comments: